Development and Communications Associate
Purpose: To support the development and implementation of ArtStart’s overall fundraising and communication strategies which promote and build ArtStart’s creative vision. This is an entry level position. However, it is the intention of the board of directors to elevate the position to full time, staff level status and provide the successful applicant with training and the opportunity to fill that position. Applicants should possess the aptitude and ambition necessary to ascend to a senior management position.
All ArtStart staff are encouraged to be active in the Northwoods community acting as an ambassador for the organization, its partnership, and upholding the mission, vision, and values of the organization. The Development and Communication Associate will initially report to the Program and Operations Director and work cooperatively on development and communications tasks that support long range objectives for organizational growth and outreach.
Successful applicant should have:
- A bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- Strong writing and computer skills.
- An engaging appearance and professional conduct.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
- Knowledge of ArtStart’s history and mission.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of all fundraising activities.
- Work with Development Committee to support major fundraising projects.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors.
- Access, organize and update ArtStart’s contribution data.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local businesses, community organizations and foundations.
- Ensure that proper thank-you documents are prepared, signed and mailed in a timely manner.
- Support the creation and implementation of the marketing campaign that promotes all events, programs, and exhibitions that includes:
- Regular website updates.
- Email updates every 2-3 weeks of all events, programs, and exhibitions.
- Press releases for all events, exhibitions, and programs.
- Facebook events and regular posts.
- Instagram updates and regular posts.
- Promotional materials.
- Paid marketing outlets and budgets.
- Provide general office support.
- Other duties as assigned
Application deadline March 1.
Mail resume and cover letter to ArtStart, PO Box 896, Rhinelander, WI 54501 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.